Welcome to the Juju team’s progress report for the period 2020-03-02T00:00:00Z – 2020-03-08T00:00:00Z. This report is an attempt to make our development progress more visible. We haven’t settled on a fixed format for the report. If you have any suggestions, please add them below.
The team has been sprinting in Germany, with many follow-on discussions from last week’s charming summit:
Topic items from the sprint:
– Code style
– code review
– GitHub PR flow
– Documentation process
- Training sessions
– Recovering HA controller set after a prolonged outage
– How Juju agents work within Kubernetes
– Network spaces - recent updates
– Inline help commands - how do we make
juju help <command>more consistent and helpful?
- Juju code internal discussions
– Model cache
– Facade schemas
– Adopting Go 1.14
– Refactoring our testing harness to use the standard library
– Cross-portability - improving our support for Windows, CentOS, RHEL, OpenSUSE and SLES.
– Cloud providers - can we make it easier to support more cloud providers?
– Juju show revamp?
– Public progress reporting
- Continuous Integration infrastructure
– improving Jenkins
– Parallel continuous integration testing - considering adoption snapcore/spread
- Goose library updates
– Ongoing work to identify deprecated API requests
– Add new API methods for interacting with ports for the new work for spaces on openstack.