OSM Documentation Roadmap
This is a work-in-progress to outline the documentation requirements for the Charmed Distribution of Open Source Mano.
- Browseable on the web
- Available in PDF, Word, Visio, etc.
- Written in English
This information may be presented as part of one or more separate documents:
These guides focus on the operation of Open Source Mano.
Operational Maintenance Guide (Runbook). This operative guide should allow an efficient management and a quick resolution of the problems that may appear. It must include the following information:
- start/stop monitoring processes;
- backup configuration and restoration procedure;
- special operations for eventualities and contingency management;
- Continuity plan;
- troubleshooting guide: causes of system error and its management (what, where, decision tree…);
- Severity mapping;
- Alarm handling;
- KPI/KQI/capacity thresholds recommendation;
- Routine maintenance tasks;
- Preventive health checks;
- Interface development guide.
VNF Onboarding Guide
Administrative and Technical Guides
These guides focus on the administration of the Charmed Distribution of Open Source Mano and Open Source Mano itself.
System Configuration Guide
Detailed information about the configuration files and an estimation of the disk space required should be provided.
Detailed information on how to perform a new installation and how to configure the system.
Describes the overall architecture of the Charmed Distribution of Open Source Mano and Open Source Mano itself.
- Product documentation and architecture Documentation describing the overall architecture of the proposed system showing, at least:
- Requirements for the physical environment to run the Product in appropriate conditions for different sizes/scales (see Capacity considerations for more details).;
- Logical functionalities;
- External interfaces;
- Relevant internal interfaces;
- Relevant communication protocols.