@jldev Promulgation updates is underway - with the exception of the “juju-controller” charm.
I’ve also taken a look through the charms and believe that they would benefit from some clean up.
canonical livepatch | Juju
– The contact information page indicated in the README (Canonical Livepatch Charm in Launchpad) doesn’t send users to anywhere that they can contact anyone from
advanced routing | Juju
– Usage section: “Add to an existing application using juju-info relation.” is technically correct, but isn’t easy to understand for new users to Juju. Recommend changing this to “advanced-routing is a subordinate application that can be added to any principal.”. We don’t discuss the juju-info relation in entry-level documentation.
– Configuration section: there are some parsing issues with the Markdown that are causing the rendering to fail
– Contact Section: Add the mailing list URL rather than the naked email address
hw health | Juju
– Contact section: You refer to “Nagios charmers”, but shouldn’t we talk about llama-charmers here?
juju controller | Juju
– see below
logrotated | Juju
– Build section: please move to below Testing. This will allow the usage section to appear first (which is more important for those deploying the charm)
– Configuration section: there are errors with the formatting in this section. Please check that this is valid Markdown.
openstack service checks | Juju
– Usage section: update the deploy line from
– Usage section: please use
juju relate rather than
prometheus libvirt exporter | Juju
– Please add Usage and Contact sections
I’m concerned about the idea of adding a charm to the charm store with the name “juju-controller”. Representing the controller as an application in the controller model is actually on the roadmap.
Using “juju” in the title might be interpreted as official. And “controller” sounds a lot like the controller is being deployed as a charm.
etckeeper | Juju
– Overview: there are some line breaks that are causing rendering issues on the charm’s webpage
glance sync | Juju
– Line breaks that are causing rendering issues on the charm’s webpage
- sudo-pair (~llama-charmers/sudo-pair?)
– could you please confirm which charm to promote? it looks like there are 3 options
sysconfig | Juju
– “Governor” section: there are syntax(s) error preventing this paragraph to render properly
userdir ldap | Juju
– Would this charm benefit from promulgation? Its description makes it look very specific: “Install the Canonical userdir-ldap package and configure it for use with Canonical infra.”