Juju Dashboard 0.2.0 doesn't reflect the controller status correctly

Hi. First time Juju user.

I am using Juju (v2.8.1-bionic-amd64) with MaaS cloud (v2.8.1). I then deployed the minimal kubernetes charm cs:bundle/kubernetes-core-1069 and everything deployed successfully according to juju status.

However, the dashboard (v.0.2.0) of the controller shows that no models or machines are present on the controller. I only have one controller.

I was expecting the output of juju status to be echoed in the dashboard.

What I have tried:

• Rolling back to versions 0.1.8 upto 0.1.3
  • Upgrading with the v0.2.0 tarball from Github.
  • Restarting the controller node
  • Restarting the jujud-machine-0 service.

Any help is highly appreciated.

1 Like

This is quite interesting as the dashboard that’s served from the controller retrieves its model list and statuses from that same controller. I’m assuming you’re accessing the dashboard by running juju dashboard and then logging into the dashboard using the supplied credentials…

Are you using the same user to access the dashboard as the owner of the models? If you’re using a different user can you try logging in as admin. By default at least 2 models should be shown. default and controller if you’re the admin user.

Could you also take a look in the browser console ctrl+shift+i and see if there are any error messages that weren’t displayed to you in the UI?

The dashboard only supports the last few versions of the major browsers, can you let me know what browser/version/os you’re using if nothing above leads to a remedy.

FYI @amusoke, one way to do this is to use the juju users command. It will display all accounts for the controller and denotes the current user with an asterisk.