JAAS Dashboard, the new Juju GUI

Is there an easy way to revert?

1 Like

Unfortunately, no. The only ways to use the old GUI now are:

1 Like

What features are you looking for in the old GUI that are missing from the new Dashboard? We’re currently planning our next cycle of work so we’ll have an updated roadmap shortly and can take any feedback into consideration.

1 Like

I want to simply run openstack base with one modification (ceph as directory NOT as /dev/sdb). It states in old config I can do so on old JAAS.ai dashboard. it would be 2 seconds to change in the old one, where I wouldnt have to download a YAML, modify it and get back to doing work.
I am not unwilling mind you, just it increases steps.

SO it is a sweeping change? I am running juju on a testbed, have it gapped and dont want to make it routable.

I think you might be able to build the old GUI from source and then copy it inside your gapped environment and run it there, but @hatch would have to let you know how to do that, as I’ve never done it before.

If you just want to be able to change config on your applications through a GUI you can use Juju Lens, which has both a web application and desktop application which you can use without having to deploy anything or change your controller at all. It’s super easy to try out.

1 Like

I love that concept app very much, but it is not successfully loading my controller/models. I will play with it a bit more! :smiley:

UPDATE:
I am using conjure-up again for a run through to use (same of course as running the model directly). I have successfully modified the field in question. Now I am simply waiting for it to complete. I am in NO way criticizing. These tools are amazing and I am grateful.

3 Likes

Replied over on the other topic to avoid cluttering this thread.

2 Likes

We’re going to be adding config management in an upcoming release of the dashboard. In the meantime you can use one of the other two UI’s or you can modify the config via the CLI juju config

4 Likes

The information on where to obtain the tarball should be available in the docs I think.

Finding the tarballs isn’t trivial.

@tmihoc

1 Like

In fact, I can’t find the dashboard at all at the moment? I’m looking for 0.8.1 which I would like to use for upgrading, but I can’t find any instruction where to find it.

In the Juju docs I find this: Juju | Access the dashboard and Juju | Use the dashboard . The former says you can access the dashboard by typing juju dashboard. I’ve tried that but I’m getting an error. Looking into it now.

@hatch do you have more information about this?

Sorry it looks like there was an issue in our release process and the tags weren’t being “released”. I’ve manually added it and you can now find 0.8.1 on github here.

Just so you’re aware, you can always build a release yourself from any commit by cloning the repo and running yarn && yarn generate-release-tarball. You’ll also need Node 16 and Yarn installed but it doesn’t install any global dependencies.

1 Like

Thanx for this info. I do however miss this very useful information as part of tve official docs.

If the community had this information, it would be awesome!

@hatch - I have some input regarding control to access of juju actions. The interface plays a part her, which I would need to discuss with developers/designers. Better control over who can do what in relations to operating charms/units in models would provide a great interface to operational staff vs admins - significantly improving the use-case for juju and its dashboard.

In short - I’m seeking to provide ACL:s for users to actions. I know this not yet supported by juju, but I would like to show you exactly the use-case for this and why it would matter to the ROI/TCO for businesses and thus the value-proposition of Juju.

Its going to take forever to write it down in text. So I rather have an online session to do this. Is this possible ?

Hey @erik-lonroth, sure thing. We can organise something this week or at any point later on, before the holiday break. Switching over to emails.

1 Like

Absolutely… The dashboard is promising, but I experience alot of crashes. Especially when trying to use the “run action” feature when I get this…

After this I get logged out from the interface.

I’m getting this both on 0.8.1 and 0.9.0 …

1 Like

Sorry about that, I’m actively trying to track down that actions bug.

2 Likes

Can I upgrade to something that removes this bug?